Apps for easter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eppo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Lindenhurst, NY
I thought i created this thread last night, but i'm not seeing it. i'm going to some of my families house for easter. they are making Ham. i figured i would bring some nice smoked apps along with me, along with some homebrewed beer! i'm looking for ideas as to what i could bring that would go along with the ham. last year they made potato's and mac'n'cheese, so i would like to bring something that goes with that also. thanks

ABT's go with everything. Lately I have been making them with out the bacon. Just real sharp cheddar & the jalapenos. They are a little healthier and our friends seem to like them better. 

You did post it, I remember responding to it.  hmm.  Anyway, trying to avoid redunancy:  smoked scotch eggs, quail eggs are super cute. It's not a party around here without smoked salmon; also good, devilled eggs with smoked salmon/what you got, in or on top of them with a pretty dill sprig; shrimp, any way you fix em! (see fpnmf's beautiful batch in his shrimp and oysters post).  ooh. someone had an awesome sounding fish cream cheese spread the other day - I'll look for it.  maybe a bruschetta with smoked tomato and a bit of smoked (or not) fresh mozzarella; smoked stuffed mushrooms; anyone ever done that super easy artichoke heart dip in their smoker?  that with a shrimp on top  - hmm. now I might have to do some cooking... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/105453/smoked-fish-dip  here's the dip I saw. 

Last edited:
hmm, looks like its going to rain. would have done some wings. i really need to see if i can get some applewood chunks local.

Where you at?  Have you tried bbq/spa retail type stores, or local butcher shops? (we have a few that stock chips and such).  How much rain, and what type of smoker do you have? Up here, we grill and smoke in the rain, or we'd hardly ever get to! I get up close to the eaves and then hang a big umbrella off the gutter. 

I'm from NY. i can get mesquite/hickory chunks at Home Depot, i can find Applewood chips around, i like chunks much better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky