Apple Wood in Georiga - Trying to find some

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randya

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Does anyone know of a place in Southern Georiga where you can buy Apple Wood? The small amounts avail and cost of shipping I would drive to get a pickup load. I tried the web and found nothing, but maybe it my error in searching.

Thanks,

Randy

I can find chips at sportsman warehouse-and I also trade woods from here for apple found elsewhere.any apple orchards there?

Randy if you find a source let me know I'd like to find a truckload too

I get mine from a huge orchard about 10 miles from my home. They trim their trees in November, and sell the trimmings. I would check with them before that to get them to save you some. This place gets $15 for a shopping cart full.
If Georgia doesn't have many apples, how about peach trees----I heard it's about the same as apple(Georgia peach???).

Bearcarver

I'll keep on looking for some too. I just use the bags of chunks and chips but I'll look.

Nothing on Craigslist but a wanted ad for fruitwoods. Seems more apple trees are up north?

I don't think you are going to find many apple orchards in Ga.. Possiblythe NE corner of Ga. . I found apples in NC when we used to visit up there to see the fall leaves and I think that is going to be your closest spot for orchards.
Bob

How far north of Atlanta is Elijay and do you know of anybody there that sells apple wood splits?

Ellijay is about 60 miles north of Atlanta. It's in Gilmer County, which calls itself The Apple Capital of Georgia.

One of the biggest orchards is R&A:

www.randaorchards.com

5505 Highway 52 E
Ellijay, GA 30536-6935
706) 273-3821

Even larger, I think, is Mercier's in Blue Ridge:

1-800-361-7731

www.mercier-orchards.com

Give 'em a call and see what they could do for you.

There are about a dozen other orchards encircling Ellijay; if you strike out with those two the Ellijay Chamber of Commerce can give you contacts for all of them

Thanks for the info I'm gonna make a couple calls and see what I can find long ride but hopefully fuel prices will come down a bit and I can get a bunch

Thanks for the information. I got to go to a wedding in Dec in Atlanta so I too am going to make a few calls and see what I can line up. I will see if I can locate some orange or pecan orchards close to me and see if a deal could easily be work out. Orange trees should not be a problem, lots of them around me here, but have not heard of any pecans. Believe they will be more north of me.

Thanks again to all for the help.

uncle lar: would gladly swap pecan for apple.just let me know when and how much?

Jerry - lemmie know if you wanna take a road trip. I'll give ya some gas $$ and keep ya company on the ride up there if you do decide to go.

i am leaving tomm for a little getaway to ne ga .dillard area and will check to see if i can find apple wood there.

Good luck, hucks. A bunch of us from FL are interested if you do find it!
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky