Apple Stuffed Pork Loin...Followed Bear's Step by Step

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ndwildbill

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Fargo, ND
Took a pork loin out of the freezer to put in the MES 30 today.  Decided to follow Bear's Step by Step for Apple Stuffed Pork Loin.  Filleted the loin wide open...not as easy as it looks!...put apple pie filling on the spread out loin, a dash of cinnamon.  Rolling it up and tying it was an adventure in itself, but got that done as well.  Put some EVOO on it, then Jeff's rub, wrapped it up and into the fridge over night.  This morning, fired up the MES, filled the Amazen Smoker with a mix of apple and oak, got everything going good put the loin on..

When the IT got to about 140, it started to rain...accepting that electricity and rain don't mix, I unplugged the MES, pulled the loin out, and threw a tarp over the smoker.  I like to get a loin to about 148 IT, so put it in the oven.  Forgot to watch the temp, so didn't pull it out until it was at 160 IT.  Got a little dry for my taste, but the well done pork police were happy.  The pic below is right before going in the oven.  I think I would have been better off to wrap it good, put it in a cooler covered with towels and blankets, rather than put in the oven

Anyway, after all was said and done, other than being a bit dry, it turned out to be very tasty.  Stuffing with the apple pie filling gave it a great flavor...mixed will with Jeff's rub.  Almost looks like a smoke ring in the pic of the finished product, not sure how that would have happened in an MES...?? Probably coloring from the rub.

I will be using Bears step by step for apple stuffed pork loin again!

Thank you very much Mr. Bear!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky