• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

"Anything you can do, I can do better....." Score one for the bears!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Do I sense a case of Squirrel envy?!

..... either that or that is on FAT squirrel!   LOL

dick foster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 24, 2010
That is one determined bear. Looks like he a fat one too so he must also be a smart bear.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
That would be a great advertisement for whatever company makes that rope.... lol.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I'm sure that's wire cable but one talented bear.

dick foster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 24, 2010
Actually some synthetic fiber ropes are stronger than steel cable of the same size now. I off road and use synthetic fiber rope on my winch instead of steel cable now as most other folks do too. In competition rock crawling it's now a requirement for reasons of safety.  It's lighter, safer, easier to handle etc. 

For the pic, that rope looks to me like it's the regular poly rope like the stuff so popular for water skiing. 

No matter what it is that is one determined bear. Now if he could just learn to walk it like a high wire act. LOL   

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Actually, I think the Bear is going to get it for the Squirrel. He knows the wrath of the Squirrel can be brutal, he's seen her in action!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I got these pics a few years back from a carving site.

That rope is really strong, but that bear is probably only about 150lbs.

And as for the squirrel????? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dessert !

Bear

It could also be a squirrel in a Bear suit, because Squirrel season is open now, but Bear season doesn't open until next month. Pretty smart little rodents!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.