Anyone use this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I love it. Works great low n slow and hot n fast.

Not me, I got about 20 bags of KBB! Not against trying others send me some I'll let you know what I think!

I bet not Stan. Lol

Not me, I got about 20 bags of KBB! Not against trying others send me some I'll let you know what I think!

You have a Trader Joes?

I get less ash than kbb

Sweet! I'm planning on trying Stubbs and Royal oak sometime but have been satisfied with KBB.

To be honest, I don't like stubbs

on a winter day I can hold 225 all day long , on the low setting

in summer it tends to creep up . then I just turn it off for a few minutes then back to low

I have a AA battery for ignition , so its not a problem . just touch a button to light

Last edited:
on a winter day I can hold 225 all day long , on the low setting
  in summer it tends to creep up . then I just turn it off for a few minutes then back to low
I have a AA battery for ignition , so its not a problem . just touch a button to light

Last winter useing this charcoal, -10 windy n snowing. 13 hours in my mini. Solid temps.

I never owned a gas smoker. Never seen one that caught my eye.

Glad you like it. Dont matter what we use as long as we make great food.

trader joes usually sells great products. 

what most people don't realize is that they are basically buying other companies' products and branding them with their own name.  You can try searching "who make trader joes briquettes" and a few theories come up.  The companies and trader joes are usually tight lipped.

-Brian

That might be. I don't care who makes it, I like it

some how part of my post was deleted.

where I was going with that postis that trader joes has a habit of dropping their products and they won't tell you how/where to find it if or when it happens.

You are right.  it's a pretty good briquette.  I use it in my mini smokey joe for things like lamb chops.

enjoy...

Brian

I love the stuff! If I remember correctly is Rancher brand repackaged by TJ.
What's not to like? Low ash, long burn, good heat, no weird flavors. I used to swear by Stubbs but it's a bit more expensive and it's kinda hit and miss as to finding it locally.
There are 3 Trader Joe's within 10 miles of me, 2 of which sell cheap but good beer and wine, so it's an easy choice. That reminds me, I'd better stock up. The stores around here stop selling charcoal after Summer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky