Anyone recognize this slicer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sliceslice

Original poster
Aug 6, 2021
I picked this up the other day. The 'Berkel' label is the only identifing mark. I've got it nearly fully disassembled (it was beyond filthy), there's no maker's mark or data plate anywhere. some of the pices have numbers cast in them, the motor belt was a berkel (2375-0045 ). 12.5" blade, held on by a big flanged bolt with two holes in the head a pin spanner.

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg
IMG_9617.jpg
IMG_9618.jpg
IMG_9619.jpg

Welcome to the site, nice piece of equipment, easier to make great food when you have the proper equipment, Having a good place to store your tools is also needed lol, I been put on hold for kitchen gadgets,

I've never seen one with the thickness knob on the side like yours. What diameter is the blade?

Welcome to the site, nice piece of equipment, easier to make great food when you have the proper equipment, Having a good place to store your tools is also needed lol, I been put on hold for kitchen gadgets,
I am not allowed to buy anything for the kitchen, either. But this was too good a deal to pass up, and the slicer we have, a little plastic chef's choice, doesn't do a good enough job. It'll have to stay in the basement, it's way to heavy to carry up the stairs to use it.

I've never seen one with the thickness knob on the side like yours. What diameter is the blade?
12.5". Looks like the the 808 etc blade; the one there is chromed, only marking is 'stutz'. held in by a large flanged bolt with two holes in it for a spanner. (one of my brake caliper retractors is the right spacing, lol.)

There were a couple models from the 40/50s with the same adustment knob placement, the GC is the only one I've seen. It's a different machine, with a much smaller and more curved base casting. (also, I think those are cast iron; this one is aluminum.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky