Anyone ever smoke a Boar Leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckeyeborne

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
I was given a Boar leg and want to smoke it in a couple weeks.  I have the Chargriller Duo with the firebox.  I was thinking about doing a rub and using applewood.  Say 225 degrees.  But for how long.  Any suggestions?

Which leg and about what does it weight? Bone-in?

I like the apple wood........I mix mine with about 1/3 oak.  225* to 250* works very well

Are you going to slice or shred?

Brad

It weighs 5.5 pounds.  Bone In.  Thigh.  Probably going to keep it as a roast and slice to eat.  I have applewood.  225 sounds right.  How long am I looking at 5-6 hrs?  And any rub that is particularly good?

Never done one but if I were to I think I would do it the way your leaning on... Good luck, hope ya can post some pics. Would really enjoy seeing them. BTW, what IT are ya shooting for.... WHB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky