Anyone else have Traeger T-stat issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yrrndsmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
I have a Traeger lil tex smoker with the 180 degree t-stat.  I'm having problems with the temp flux and being able to get a low temp.  Even on the smoke setting which is below 180 I cant get much lower than about 200.  I've called the customer service and they told me about the adjustment to the right of the digital display which I now have set at 2 but doesn't seem to help.  My question is to all the Traeger guys/gals is how constant can you hold your temp (mine fluctuates +/-60 degrees)? And what is the lowest  you can have a constant temp, I would like to do jerky and salmon but whenever I've tried it ends up cooking instead of drying.  This is in no way a flame on Traeger, just trying to see if it is mine or everyones does this same thing.  Thanks for your help.  Keep on smoking!

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky