• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone else have Traeger T-stat issues

yrrndsmoker

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 8, 2010
I have a Traeger lil tex smoker with the 180 degree t-stat.  I'm having problems with the temp flux and being able to get a low temp.  Even on the smoke setting which is below 180 I cant get much lower than about 200.  I've called the customer service and they told me about the adjustment to the right of the digital display which I now have set at 2 but doesn't seem to help.  My question is to all the Traeger guys/gals is how constant can you hold your temp (mine fluctuates +/-60 degrees)? And what is the lowest  you can have a constant temp, I would like to do jerky and salmon but whenever I've tried it ends up cooking instead of drying.  This is in no way a flame on Traeger, just trying to see if it is mine or everyones does this same thing.  Thanks for your help.  Keep on smoking!

Jeff

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks