Anyone else getting this?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by ajthepoolman, Oct 26, 2007.

1. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

When I reply to a message I usually click the little icons in the lower right portion of a message to enable the quick reply section.

But today I noticed that when I click "Post Quick Reply", I get the attached message telling me that I have to wait 30 seconds between posts.

Is anyone else getting this?

It appears that the forum is trying to double post a message. I would assume it has to do with the postback of the page and such, but I don't have any intimate knowledge of how this forum works. Jeff, have any updates been done that might have caused a problem?
    [​IMG]

2. flyboys

flyboys Smoking Fanatic

I have gotten that message when doing searches.

3. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

did you wait 30sec.?

4. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

hmmmmm... interesting.

I will look into this strange phenomenon.. it should NOT be doing that.[​IMG]

5. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That is the beauty of computers. They do exactly what I told them to do. Unfortunately, what I want them to do and what I told them to do are usually two different things!

FYI, I am at home and did not get the 30 second warning! I will try posting from work Monday (what else do I have to do?) and see if I get it again.

6. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

And Why do you find that to be an unusual thing to be happening...
    Full moon??? Another event that happens this time of the month??? Just remember....computers and any other machine that has a plc...are like FEMALES...They do what they want....When they want...and If they want...
    Sorry girls...just a proven fact...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. bbqpitstop

bbqpitstop Meat Mopper OTBS Member

So whodda fool? lol Males!

8. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Now wait jus' a cotton-pickin' minute here....