Anyone done Delmonico Roast?

Discussion in 'Beef' started by flyboys, May 25, 2008.

1. flyboys

flyboys Smoking Fanatic

Just curious to see if anyone has ever smoked up a Delmonico Roast. I was bored today and decided to throw one on. Sorry, problems with the camera battery, should have it fixed by the time the roast is done though. I slathered it with evoo then rubbed it with my Lone Star rub concoction. I'm planning on taking it off at 135 then slicing it after it sits for a bit. I'm sure someone has, just curious to see if it will be good or not.

2. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

you betcha..they are great. I rottiser em with the lid down and use smokin chips by the bag full. I use a salt crust for the finish rub before I put them on..seems to hold the juice in and evenly distribute same in the meat. been using a beer mop that I just love..but since i have found this forum..I will try other spritzes and mops..enjoy that high end smoke..

3. flyboys

flyboys Smoking Fanatic

Learn something new everyday, I didn't realize that was a rib eye roast. I just pulled it off, and it does look tasty. I gotta get this freakin camera battery charged. That sounds really good to do it rottiserie style. I'm gonna try that next time!! I have potatoes on there now, I'm gonna make some smoky mashed potatoes to go with it. If it turns out like I think it will, I'll post the recipe tonight for the potatoes. Thanks for the responses.