Anybody else smoke corned beef St Patricks' day?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope, just freezing for hash come camping season. Can't help buying bulk when meats are $1.99/#!

How do you smoke them. They had some on sale here for 3.99/lb but I wasn't sure what to do with it.

Hi there,
I initially soaked the brisket in cold water for 24 hours to get rid of some salt. We changed the water every few hours. I then used a simple pepper, coriander and juniper berry rub. Wrapped in saran wrap and refrigerated another day. Used applewood in the smoker and smoked the cut to an internal of 160 degrees. Pulled the meat and wrapped in foil with some apple juice and continued in the smoker until IT reached 190 degrees. Pulled the brisket and let rest an hour and then dug in. Try it, you'll love it. I did find that getting juniper berries for the rub is worth it. We loved the flavor it added.

:biggrin:Whatamess,

The rub I spoke of gives you pastrami when it's done. I should have mentioned that. The visible amount of pepper makes it more akin to pastrami. If it were true pastrami, I would have gotten a navel plate cut versus the flat. I don't want to mess with brining my own, so we settle for the pre-packaged flat..

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky