• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Any wood workers out there...... this is cool.......

cliffcarter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 28, 2010
...and here I thought that outside links were not allowed on SMF, what was I thinking.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
Nice video Dave 
  I've made a few of them in my shop - they are a fun little project 

I use this Record lathe for those, large bowls etc.

Loosen the black locking lever on the left & the headstock rotates 90* In that position I can turn a piece of wood up to 36" diameter - handy feature 

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Jeremy, morning.....  Hey..... show your stuff sometime....   Dave

jarjarchef

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 30, 2010
That was awesome!!!! He made a ton of fresh wood chips for smoking...... and the by product is a cool lamp shade.

tjnamtiw

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 31, 2013
Majorly neat!  I have a friend with a bigger lathe than that who makes bowls.  He loads the wood onto it with a fork truck!  No lie!

My stuff is much smaller.  I make deer calls > pensandcalls.com

cliffcarter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 28, 2010

That is not a link....Cliff....its an embedded video....those are totally allowed.
Actually it's a video with an outside link embedded in it, scroll over the "YouTube" in the lower right hand corner...

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

Dave... Morning to ya....That is a cool way to make chips for the smoker....lol
SmokinMad
Yes it is.....     

That is not a link....Cliff....its an embedded video....those are totally allowed.
Actually it's a video with an outside link embedded in it, scroll over the "YouTube" in the lower right hand corner...
Evening Cliff........   My mistake........ You are correct in finding that outside link embedded in the embedded link.....   I am deleting the link.....  

Thanks for pointing that out......   

DaveOmak

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Oct 20, 2010
Hmmm no video 
cause it was deleted because the embedded video had an embedded link.

smokinmad

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 22, 2013

Deleted due to the fact there was an embeded link  to You-Tube in the embeded link......     

DaveOmak
Dave.. Wow..This forum will Blow if we stop ALL video how-to's done on You-Tube.... I think I've seen Jeff use You-Tube for How-To's.....Whats The World Coming To?.....LOL

SmokinMad

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.