Any Tips on Smoking Geese?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
I did a couple of smoked turkeys for Thanksgiving and the FIL was so impressed that he wants me to do a couple of geese next month when he goes on a guided hunt.

Should I do anything different with the brine or in the smoking process? I figure that I should treat the geese like any other poulty and not worry about it.

I have a bag of Morton's Sugar cure that I'm planning on using for the brine or I could use my basic brine recipe-For each gal. of water used, add 8 ounces of kosher salt and 8 ounces brown sugar.

Comments and suggestions GREATLY appreciated!!

Hey Earl....

This is great finally I get to give you some advice. Goose if wild tends to be very lean. I am not sure about domestic.

The wrapping it in bacon is always a great hit with all.

When I do goose I have resorted to making salami out of it. I like this better than I like salami made with venison. Which is saying a lot.

As for general smoking geese in your smoker this is not an area that I am experienced in.

Good luck

Dutch, look for my wild goose post under the Wild Game section. It should help a lot!
Monty

PS Domestic Geese are a bit different!

Thanks Brother Monty, I'll check it out.
BTW-that's why we're here-to learn for each other!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky