Any Suggestions...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

confederateknowhow

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Shelbyville, KY
I rolled up a pizza fatty tonight to go with tomorrows smoke. When i rolled it up in the seran wrap, it didnt look like the ends sealed up too well. So, i unrolled it and even got a new piece of wrap and they didn't do much better. I had plenty of sausage there to make a good seal. And I didn't go very havy on the filling.
Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any suggestions, questions, comments, i'll even take snide remarks, are 'preciated...

~CKH

CKH -

the best thing i have found is when rolling in saran wrap, be sure to twist the ends of the saran wrap fairly tightly. this compresses the meat into a tight, compact cylinder and seals the ends. i used that method for my first fatty, a greek fatty, and with results like this i found no need to try any otehr method for rolling:

2009-04-06_140144_fatty2.jpg

the link below has more on the method used for rolling out the meat, stuffing and rolling up in saran wrap. as i said, it's worked so well on every fatty, but the amazing thing is that it was perfect the first time, every time.

http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/fo....asp?TID=16770

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky