Any Recipes for Brinning Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Heres Travcoman45's SlaughterHouse recipes all are good I use this for parts and brine about 4 hours then rinse well

Brine:
1 & 1/2 gal water
1/2 cup kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cajun spice
2 tsp celery salt

Mix all ingredients until dissolved and brine meat overnight. Rinse well before putting on the smoker.

Injection:
1/2 pkg. god seasonings italian dressing
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp celery salt
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups apple cider

Slaughterhouse Spritz (Good fer everthin!)
8 oz Apple Cider
6 oz Water
4 oz Whiskey
2 oz Cider Vinegar

I use this for pieces:

1/4 cup coarse salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
20 black peppercorns, or equivalent powdered
2 bay leaves
small onion sliced thin
2 cloves garlic mashed or equivalent powdered

Combine the salt, sugar and pepper in a dish. Stir in 1 cup of hot water and mix until the salt and sugar is disolved. Then stir in 3 cups of cold water. When the mixture is about room temperature, add the onion, garlic, bay leaves and chicken. Let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours, turning once in awhile.

Tastes great.

I don't find the need to use a separate brining recipe for whole chickens vs. chicken parts (wonder what they recommend for half chickens and/or quarters?)

A simple salt, sugar & water brine is what I use. If I'm feeling real adventurous I'll add a little rub to it.

You should try a couple thighs without brine. Thighs have enough fat and mositure to hold up well without brine. Give it a side by side comparison.

I'm a simpleton and this seems to work quickly.

1/2 cp Kosher salt
1/2 cp brown sugar
1 head garlic: smashed with a mallet
1 bay leaf
2qts water

Hint: crush the garlic in a zip lock bag with a towel layed on top.

This is pretty salty so my brine is only: 45 mins for thighs or legs and 1 hour for quarters.

Clearly I have to venture out a bit. Good luck.

I don't even bother
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky