Any one else a coffee roaster?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
I started roasting about 2 years ago and I can hardly stand to drink a Starbucks any more. I found this great site - www.sweetmarias.com   and they are so helpful and have great coffee. Where do you get yours from?

We have a semi automatic Jura Expresso so we roast to a dark roast. Sent some to Todd Johnson and he is hooked and looking for a roaster now

I buy the medium roast colombian "Folgers" by the 3 lb. container. I learned long ago that starbucks just burns the beans and over charges. What a scam. Funny thing is I get whole beans a few times a year from a client of mine, I can't say the name because they supply 7-11 type places. I will say they are good beans.
icon_cool.gif

I buy the medium roast colombian "Folgers" by the 3 lb. container. I learned long ago that starbucks just burns the beans and over charges. What a scam. Funny thing is I get whole beans a few times a year from a client of mine, I can't say the name because they supply 7-11 type places. I will say they are good beans.
icon_cool.gif
I am talking about roasting your own beans. They are $4-5 per # and you can roast them the way you want them - a little effort and great coffee - There is an old trick coffee sales guys use. They brew their coffee first then brew the one you are using now so theirs can steep and develop flavor so it tastes better than what you are using now.  If I ever get caught up I will send you a batch of mine. I micro roast a 1/4 # at a time

I am talking about roasting your own beans. They are $4-5 per # and you can roast them the way you want them - a little effort and great coffee - There is an old trick coffee sales guys use. They brew their coffee first then brew the one you are using now so theirs can steep and develop flavor so it tastes better than what you are using now.  If I ever get caught up I will send you a batch of mine. I micro roast a 1/4 # at a time

That sounds great, I'm not much of a coffee aficionado, I drink a cup a day in the morning, thats it. What I do like is cold coffee during the summer, I'll make a batch with 50/50 and sugar and put in the fridge, good stuff.
icon_cool.gif

i wish.........that's a hobby i DON"T need to get into! i love a great cup and a nice stoggie in the morning..............

i wish.........that's a hobby i DON"T need to get into! i love a great cup and a nice stoggie in the morning..............

My brother I need to send you some coffee. I am so sorry that is the one item I have failed to give you. We will roast up some and send it to you when we get back home. I am taking the MH out tomorrow and not sure when I am coming back  

Been roasting for 5 years. With all the bells and whistles.I use CaptainsCoffee.com..

Used an I-Roaster most of the time and am looking at a new machine.

Scar got me started, and now I'm hooked!

Too new to post my results, but will as soon as I get the hang of it.

Todd

Been roasting for 5 years. With all the bells and whistles.I use CaptainsCoffee.com..

Used an I-Roaster most of the time and am looking at a new machine.

I was trying to get Todd started with the new iRoast and they keep postponing the release date. They are now up to November. I have been using the iRoast since day one and love it even with it's oddities. I will check out your site. If you want to see some great roaster reviews check out the site I posted

My brother I need to send you some coffee. I am so sorry that is the one item I have failed to give you. We will roast up some and send it to you when we get back home. I am taking the MH out tomorrow and not sure when I am coming back  
much appreciated.......................and that's the spirit!

Oh yeah Todd. It's quite addictive. I usually cant drink commercial coffee. I like the Costa Rican and some African stuff. I also like the Monsooned Malabar,most either love it or hate it.

Got a decent grinder yet or are ya still beating those poor beans with a spinning  blade? I have a Hearthway mill and 3 presses.

Scar got me started, and now I'm hooked!

Too new to post my results, but will as soon as I get the hang of it.

Todd

I buy from sweet maria's too.

You do not need anything fancy to roast some good coffee.  I use one of those hot air popcorn poppers and it works like a charm.  Paid 2 bucks for it at a yard sale if I remember right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky