Any Illini Smokers out there?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bjake2001

Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Champaign, IL
Hello all!

My name is Brian, I live in Champaign, IL (Go Illini!), and am fairly novice at smoking.  I've spent a good amount of time with a beer in hand waiting on some steaks to finish grilling, but so far have only smoked a few times on a small water smoker.  It's time to move up in the world!

I'll be posting plans for a RF smoker build, and would love any input!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forum from Quincy. My wife can dance the entire Chief Illiniwek dance, every step, but I guess that is no longer PC. This Redbird will just say howdy.

View media item 287068
 hey  Brian  live in Auburn IL. just south of springpatch work at the other U of I  >>>>>-Springfield just joined this site the other day also so i also Say GO ILLINI  buy to be fair i also have to say go "Prairie Stars"

I'm from Pawnee which is 8 miles from Auburn. Pork shoulder rubbed with mustard then a homemade rub going on @ 8 amThumbs Up

Last edited:
Hi all! My name is Kyle and Im from Alton, IL(suburb of St Louis MO, 30 min north east). I've been smoking meat for about 5 yrs now and plan on entering my first competition this year with my brother. I have a Weber and a Master Forge now, thinking of adding an Oklahoma Brand name and made smoker soon! Happy Smoking!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky