Any ideas ?? QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

div

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Got these defrosting for tomorrow, lookin for some ideas.....

steak.jpg

Having just done some T-bone steaks for last nights supper, you can do what I did. . .

Marinade them in some Montreal Steak Seasoning (recipe is on the bottle)
Hot smoke them with some hickory (or whatever wood you prefer) 'til they're rare/med. rare. Plate them with some baked beans (Wicked-of course) or a baked 'tater with all the fixin's.

I prefer a good steak charred. Rub em up and grill medium rare directly over hot lump. Top with sauteed mushrooms. Red skin garlic mashed taters on the side with a ear of sweet corn. Now your eatin!

Wow the recipe that douglaslizard posted looks great, I copied it for future trial. Hope you give it a whirl and post the results.

500 degrees @ 10 min.....

Seems a bit long to me. I like maybe 2 min per side, but I like it to moo when I chew.

I have been dying to try this the way Ron does. First smoke, then sear. I think I could smoke my wife's steak longer since she likes well done and it would still probably be tender. I like a medium steak. I have some strip steaks in the freezer and whenever I get around to cooking them, i am going to do "The Ron Method". At least thats what Im calling it. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky