Another windy day in Kansas

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by smoke freak, Apr 20, 2008.

1. smoke freak

smoke freak StickBurners

Got cheese on the Chargriller early in the AM while the wind is only at 17mph. That aint bad. Later when the ribs go on Im expectin 25-35 mph with gusts over 40. Yeah Ive done it again. I pick the lousiest days to cook. But I cant help myself, The ribs are thawed and I got lots of pecan wood thats just waitin to be sacrificed in the name of good eats. Guess Ill set up the great wall of barbecue to try to divert the wind. Aint nothin gonna stop it. Wish me luck. Oh the cheese is done now. Thats how slow I type.

2. smoke freak

smoke freak StickBurners

The great wall I was talkin about is two 5ft X 5ft sections that are hinged in the middle so I can position it any direction the wind comes from. This beast is heavy enough to stand up in strong wind and nearly blocks the sun but it wont tame the Kansas winds.

3. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nothing will stop the winds that blow across the flats of mid Kansas.

4. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

hey smoke freak,

i feel for ya. Im in Manhattan and the da** wind is blowing like mad. Good luck.

Scott

5. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A true testament to smoking - bearing all kinds of weather to get the meat cooked!! Hope the wind dies down just a tad so you have an awesome smoke, freak! Let's see some pics when you get a chance, if the wind doesn't blow the camera outta your hand. [​IMG]

6. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

damn wind gusting to 42 just north of ya so i kept it simple but mouth wateren good