Another windy day in Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke freak

StickBurners
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Kansas
Got cheese on the Chargriller early in the AM while the wind is only at 17mph. That aint bad. Later when the ribs go on Im expectin 25-35 mph with gusts over 40. Yeah Ive done it again. I pick the lousiest days to cook. But I cant help myself, The ribs are thawed and I got lots of pecan wood thats just waitin to be sacrificed in the name of good eats. Guess Ill set up the great wall of barbecue to try to divert the wind. Aint nothin gonna stop it. Wish me luck. Oh the cheese is done now. Thats how slow I type.

The great wall I was talkin about is two 5ft X 5ft sections that are hinged in the middle so I can position it any direction the wind comes from. This beast is heavy enough to stand up in strong wind and nearly blocks the sun but it wont tame the Kansas winds.

hey smoke freak,

i feel for ya. Im in Manhattan and the da** wind is blowing like mad. Good luck.

Scott

A true testament to smoking - bearing all kinds of weather to get the meat cooked!! Hope the wind dies down just a tad so you have an awesome smoke, freak! Let's see some pics when you get a chance, if the wind doesn't blow the camera outta your hand.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky