Another UDS build, and 1st smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gramason

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 29, 2007
HdG Maryland
I built this a while ago, and lit it off, and could'nt get the temp below 350. Set it aside for a while, after reading Bubbas post about his, I did some mods, cleaned it up, and here it is. Lit it off around 9:30 this morning, and its been holding great at 230, in 20 deg weather with high winds. Put 2 pork butts on, will post later on how they turn out.

Great lookin' UDS ... Building one now ... Am in the process of burning the barrel ... Will probably still be burning in the morning ...

Nice smoker Gramason! I want one too!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I've got the barrel, just need the time.

cajun, please post pictures of your smoker when you get it finished.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Never added coals all day. Stayed steady for 10 hours on around 8 to 10 lbs of coals. Its the best thing i've built in a while. Here is the finished product.

Lance.........NICE job dude........looks great.............

till
coleslaw..........had me till then.................

biggrin.gif

still great job.............

Well got mine burnt out .... Thought I'd see how it burns ... nothing in it ... no pipes yet (tinfoil plugging the holes) ... bout 1/2 bag of Royal Oak ... 5 hrs later it's still holding around 270* ... pics comming soon.

Outside temp today 10 to 20*

6 hrs ... still doing good.
Get the rest of the parts on Friday, while I'm in town. Season it ... Then smoke..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky