Another Smoky Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
I was going through the freezer yesterday and found a nice looking tri tip that had smoke me written all over it. Nothing fancy just some rub, smoked at 250* with hickory. I pulled it at 138* and let it rest for an hour. Enjoy. 

4ee46ffa_start.jpg

59670205_finish.jpg

Reactions: thunderdome
That looks perfect Meat 
drool.gif

Tri-tip isn't readily available here, But I'm going to pick up some bellies today and I'm gonna ask the butcher If he can order me some.

Thanks for sharing
thumbsup.gif

Great pics. What kinda rub did you go with

It was actually a seasoned salt, It has citric acid and lemon oil in it plus other stuff. I don't use salt in a rub but wanted to try something different and it worked pretty good. 

e3508154_blazin.jpg

I've never cooked one or even seen one in the meat department but after looking at that gorgeous roast I sure will be looking harder for one in the future. Man that is some pretty meat! Nice job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky