• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

another question

bassrat

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 22, 2006
can you smole with walnut wood?

thanks for all your help !!!!!! this forum is awesome!!!!

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
My understanding is that walnut smoke is very intense and bitter. It is best used to make the table on which you serve your smoked fare.

Hope this helps.

Have fun, and do good.

Regards,

Meowey

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
Same here. I haven't used it myself but have heard it's stronger than mesquite and if used, should be used sparingly and/or blended with lighter woods to mellow the flavor.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Understand that Pear is ok, my understanding is that it can be similiar to apple.

I have not tried it yet but there is always next week.

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Ditto Cheech on the pear. I have not had the opportunity to use much of it but it is similiar to apple. I like it with chicken and pork.

Bassrat, here is a link on SMF to a post Dutch put together on various woods used for smoking: Woods for Smoking

Lots of good info there, check it out.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.