another newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

va smoker

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Hey guys, i recently purchased a gas smoker and stumbled accross this site while looking for some tips. I am totally new to this world of smoking, but have loved to cook for a long time. i am a virginia resident, and look most forward to smoking ribs, pork tenderloins, briskets, and cheeses.

I look forward to learning the tricks of the trade through this site.

Welcome to SMF VA! And one does not stumble across this site...they fall down into it inextricably trapped for ever! LOL! Enjoy your new addiction!

Welcometo SMF. Lots of great stuff here..great people from all walks of life one common bond creating the best que and haveing a good time doing it..the only dumb question is the one not asked.

this is the best one i have seen yet and oh so accurate!!! welcome to smf, ck out the 5 day ecourse. jeffs rub n sauce are great. share a smoke with some qview!!!

Like Alice down the rabbit hole. Welcome to the forum. It is just as adddicting as the food you will be making.

Hey Va,

I think baby back ribs are the first thing I smoked and when we ate them we knew exactly what we had been missing by cooking ribs in the oven. Dont get me wrong, I have made some great ribs in the oven. I think you need to be a good basic cook to be a good BBQ chef. However, the deep smokey flavor that my ECB added to the ribs just cant be done any other way. You have to smoke the meat to get that flavor that we are all addicted to. Glad to have you in the SMF and good luck with your smoking.

wow Ricthee put it in perspective well "inextricably" trapped, perhaps I would have said linked...lol!
Greetings, I have been to Alexandria, wonderful place your VA!
Happy Smokes......

Welcome aboard VA. What part are you from. I used to live in So. MD.

Welcome to the SMF, whichever way gets you here... is worth it.

Welcome to SMF!You are most certainly gonna learn to smoke here!A lot of good ppl here to learn from.Lookin forward to your progress
Happy Smokes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky