Another Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

welderman1

Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Hey all,
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a welder by trade, so if you need any weld questions answered, I"ll try my best. I've been doing it for over 30 years. I'm new to smoking and wondering why I haven't done it sooner. My first smoke was over at my buddies house with some pink meat trout I caught over the 4th of July weekend up at Big Bear Lake in Ca. We used cherry wood on his fancy smoker and I brined it for a day. I gotta tell ya I won't eat trout any other way now.
I bought a GOSM a couple of weeks ago had great success finishing off my trout and also smoking a picnic shoulder using Jeffs directions. I'm hooked now.

Welcome to SMF! Ask lots of questions and the friendly folk here will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

welcometo smf. any questions you have, i can be sure they'll be answered here. great group of folks & people always need welding opinion. i have a post here about argon purge for welding on propane tanks... etc- sure you can give more insight.

Hello Welderman1, and welcome to the SMF. Sounds like more than the trout got hooked! You'll really enjoy this site, lots of info. and great people to share your experiences.

Welcome to the SMF, I'm sure some people building their own smokers might have some questions for you and I know any you have will be answered. If you haven't signed up for Jeff's 5-day eCourse you need to, also check out Deejay Debi's site http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/

Welcome to SMF, glad to have you with us.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

welcome to SMF welderman. This site is great and the people are friendly. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Welderman1!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...We're glad to have you aboard!!...

Sorry it took so long to welcome you aboard!...Been offline here due to
ISP/computer problems since July 2...
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Until later...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky