Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by welderman1, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Hey all,
    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a welder by trade, so if you need any weld questions answered, I"ll try my best. I've been doing it for over 30 years. I'm new to smoking and wondering why I haven't done it sooner. My first smoke was over at my buddies house with some pink meat trout I caught over the 4th of July weekend up at Big Bear Lake in Ca. We used cherry wood on his fancy smoker and I brined it for a day. I gotta tell ya I won't eat trout any other way now.
    I bought a GOSM a couple of weeks ago had great success finishing off my trout and also smoking a picnic shoulder using Jeffs directions. I'm hooked now.

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Ask lots of questions and the friendly folk here will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcometo smf. any questions you have, i can be sure they'll be answered here. great group of folks & people always need welding opinion. i have a post here about argon purge for welding on propane tanks... etc- sure you can give more insight.

4. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF, and enjoy, ask questions, and post pics.

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Welderman1, and welcome to the SMF. Sounds like more than the trout got hooked! You'll really enjoy this site, lots of info. and great people to share your experiences.

6. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF, I'm sure some people building their own smokers might have some questions for you and I know any you have will be answered. If you haven't signed up for Jeff's 5-day eCourse you need to, also check out Deejay Debi's site http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/

7. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Welcome to SMF, glad to have you with us.

8. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you with us.

9. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the SMF [​IMG]

10. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF [​IMG]

11. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Welcome Welderman -

Nice to have you aboard! We are at your service if you have any questions. Enjoy.

12. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I know I'll learn a lot from this place!!![​IMG]

13. catfish

catfish Meat Mopper OTBS Member

welcome to SMF welderman. This site is great and the people are friendly. Hope you enjoy your time here.

14. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Welderman1!...Welcome to the SMF!...[​IMG]...We're glad to have you aboard!!...

Sorry it took so long to welcome you aboard!...Been offline here due to
    ISP/computer problems since July 2...[​IMG]

Until later...