Another Newbie from Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
Hi All!

Made a trip to my local Cabelas to buy a MES 30" and the salesman really tried to flip me to a Bradley Digital 4-Rack for $250 more.

I left the store more confused than when I when it!

I've read many of the posts regarding the older MES units and believe the new ones have updates, BUT are they really fixed?

I absolutely hate a company(Bradley) who forces you to use their overpriced consumables!

Thanks In Advance for any and all input!!!

Todd Johnson

Hi, Welcome to the SMF, you will love the MES, I have 2 of them, the 40" was not quite getting hot enough all the time when I first got it, I called Masterbuilt and they sent me a new unit, I had to put the original door and control and shelves and stuff in the new one, but I was very happy with the service.

I'm like you on the Bradley, don't force me to buy them pucks

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot from all the helpful folks here.

A warm welcome Todd .We are getting a few Minnesotans here on SMF and that is great .It's amazing what is learned and said here. I have learned in my short time here how to do fatties,ABT,pork butts and brisket. I did my first 2 butts and a brisket on Christmas and have been asked to do another 2 butts for New years eve party.
I was a pretty fair grill cook but this site brought a new level to that too.Hello from Monticello ,MN .Bill
icon_mrgreen.gif

First off welcome Todd to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome Todd, glad you found us. Yeah the saleman is probably just trying to do what he thinks is best is best. Take your time, ask some questions here and then figure out whats best, for you. Its great to see more people from Mn signing up, I tell ya, were taking over. Pretty soon its gonna be SMF, Smokin Minnesota Forums LOL.

Todd in southern Mn.

I called Masterbuilt's Customer Service and asked if MES has new units on the market.

The newest MES units have higher wattage heating elements and are "Replaceable"!!

Turns out new 30" and 40" MES units are out and available, but most retailers are selling off old inventory first.

New 30" MES - Model #20070910
New 40" MES - Model #20070710

I called my local Cabelas to check if they have the new models, and he checked the warehouse. They have 800 of the old versions in the warehouse, and said they would have to sell through them before they get the newest model.

Unless I can "Steal It", I'll wait!

Todd

welcome to the forum!!! great to have still another minnesotan on!!! they been coming out a the woodwork as of late!!! great forum to learn and share. you will love it here.

Hi Todd, you made the right move joining the SMF. Also a good move is waiting to get the smoker you want. It'll be worth the wait. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky