Another newbie from FL

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by wizfisher, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hey everyone, excellent forum here and I have already learned a ton of information. I did the 5 day course (thanks by the way) and did my first smoke this evening. Came out great and my wife and I enjoyed it.[​IMG]

Here is my post on my first smoke.
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=12968

Yes Flash, I am from Florida Sportsman too. [​IMG] I put your name in the reference thingy and they still let me in. [​IMG]

2. gooose53

gooose53 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum Wiz!!

3. Welcome to SMF and hope you enjoy yourself here,it's a fun place to be.[​IMG]

4. Welcome to SMF Wiz.

5. ds7662

ds7662 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF!
    Glad everything turned out good. If the wife likes it then thats the most important thing.[​IMG]

6. joeq

joeq Newbie

Heya Wiz! I'm new here too. This place is cool I am learning alot from these guys. What is this 5 day course?

Joe

7. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum from Land O Lakes. [​IMG]

8. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

LOL, I am surprised. Glad to have you on board. But you ARE a newbie here, so make it a B & B. [​IMG]

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF, where good folks meet. What type of smoker are you using? Any other hardware?

10. jdfire40

jdfire40 Fire Starter

Welcme from another FS member also.

11. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF, will we be seeing some great smoked fish shortly

12. Thanks for all the welcomes guys (and gals?)

My brother had two ECBs he was not using so he gave me one. The only mod I did to it was drill some holes in the top and around the bottom pan, I forget what it's called.

To be honest, I am not much of a fish eater. I may try to smoke some for my wife though if I ever get to fish again. [​IMG]

13. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Boy a member of the Florida Sportsman FISHING Forum and he doesn't eat fish [​IMG] Shows we let about anybody join. [​IMG]

Your ECB is probably a Smoke 'n Grill model. AKA R2D2. It is a charcoal model. I found with my brinkman, that the provided gauge was off by -65º. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $5 Acurite Oven gauge and put it on the grate to find this out, then purchased a replacement at Lowes and drilled a hole to mount it. Yours may not be off, but worth while checking on. The provided ones are never very accurate.

14. I used the thermo from my turkey fryer to read my grill temps. I do plan on adding an upgraded thermo to it soon though.

It is the Brinkman Gourmet smoker I have.

I said I am not much of a fish eater, doesn't mean I don't take and eat a few every now and then. [​IMG]

15. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

16. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the only place to be.

Kookie

17. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF.

18. charles1056

charles1056 Meat Mopper

Welcome to the SMF, Wiz.

19. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Wiz to smf,hope you enjoy us !!!!!!!!!!!!!