Another newbie from FL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wizfisher

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Auburndale
Hey everyone, excellent forum here and I have already learned a ton of information. I did the 5 day course (thanks by the way) and did my first smoke this evening. Came out great and my wife and I enjoyed it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Here is my post on my first smoke.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=12968

Yes Flash, I am from Florida Sportsman too.
icon_mrgreen.gif
I put your name in the reference thingy and they still let me in.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Welcome to SMF!
Glad everything turned out good. If the wife likes it then thats the most important thing.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Heya Wiz! I'm new here too. This place is cool I am learning alot from these guys. What is this 5 day course?

Joe

Welcome to the SMF, where good folks meet. What type of smoker are you using? Any other hardware?

Thanks for all the welcomes guys (and gals?)

My brother had two ECBs he was not using so he gave me one. The only mod I did to it was drill some holes in the top and around the bottom pan, I forget what it's called.

To be honest, I am not much of a fish eater. I may try to smoke some for my wife though if I ever get to fish again.
icon_frown.gif

Boy a member of the Florida Sportsman FISHING Forum and he doesn't eat fish
rolleyes.gif
Shows we let about anybody join.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Your ECB is probably a Smoke 'n Grill model. AKA R2D2. It is a charcoal model. I found with my brinkman, that the provided gauge was off by -65º. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $5 Acurite Oven gauge and put it on the grate to find this out, then purchased a replacement at Lowes and drilled a hole to mount it. Yours may not be off, but worth while checking on. The provided ones are never very accurate.

I used the thermo from my turkey fryer to read my grill temps. I do plan on adding an upgraded thermo to it soon though.

It is the Brinkman Gourmet smoker I have.

I said I am not much of a fish eater, doesn't mean I don't take and eat a few every now and then.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky