Another New Member from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graydog9

Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Hello to all,

I've been smoking for a few years using a Smoky Mountian propane smoker, with okay results according to the family and neighbors.

My wife just bought me a Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit so I could start cooking with charcoal/wood and I started looking around for information so I could actually know what I was doing - the result was I found this great website.

I am really impressd by all the information and tips available.

Welcome to the forum. Tons of great informtion here and lots of folks who are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Dave

Howdy Graydog, You've stopped at the right place for Q. Great bunch here always willing to help. Quite a Michigan representation also.

Hey Greydog, welcome to the SMF! Lotsa great people in this gang that are more than willing to lend a hand.

Hey Graydog,

Welcome to the site and to the charcoal/wood side of things. I look forward to reading about your smokes and seeing the q-view.

Graydog - Welcome to the SMF (from Plymouth). You have come to the right place to get better. Sounds like you are already rolling along in TBS, though. We like q-view in case no one has mentioned that yet.

welcome aboard the goodship"SMF". You will like it here, and we do have quite a michigan fan base for sure.

I hope you enjoy the charcoal/wood experience. It takes a lil more patience, but is very rewarding.

Navigation of this site is tremendous and if you spend some good reading time in the"charcoal smokers" forum, you will be amazed at what you will find out on your own. Learning by others mistakes and good fortunes. There is also a very good army of interesting folks here who love to help others,especially when they are barbequing food!

read up on the mods and do them if you possibly can. It will save you time and money, and you'll be the neighborhood Q chef before you know it.
cool.gif

Welcome to the SMF. We are a friendly bunch who like to share good smokes, grillin', and most other outdoor activities. Feel free to ask, you'll get good feedback.

Welcome fellow Michigander....The folks here are awesome and provide great advice. I have been here just a short time but have learned from the best....enjoy!

Thank you all for the kind words. Just reading the various forums is a great source of information for a newbie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky