Another New Guy ....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ccr

Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Hi from Reno, NV.
I'm new to smoking meats. Today is the first. I'm smoking 2 slabs of baby backs and a fatty. My son got me into this as he has been into smoking for some time now (Dozer on the member list).
I have a new Smoke Vault and I'm into the second step of the 3-2-1 process (actually 2 1/2, 1 1/2 and 1) and so far so good. So I guess I'm still learning with help from Dozer. Also making some of Dutch's beans.

welcome to smf, i am pretty new myself-about 2 weeks. i cannot get over how much a person can learn from everyone here. from seasoned veterans to new people just starting and expiermenting. you will love it. good luck on the ribs!!!

CCR
Welcome to SMF !!!
Plenty of fun and endless amounts of knowledge here, sounds like your son Dozer has you off to a great start !!!

welcome to the site ccr,and ya no Q-view and it ain't happened!

Welcome to the forum CCR, glad to have you aboard.
smile.gif

Welcome CCR! Good ya got a mentor...even better he's a member here :{) This place is the best I have seen! Enjoy and ask what ya need and tell what ya can. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome CCR, I am sure your son has bragged it all up so I figure nuff' said. Question? is you avatar pic a pair of deer chihuahuas? I've got one thats about 7 years old.
Agail welcom look forward to your future posts

Lawdog

Welcome To SMF. You will find all the help you will ever need. Just ask any question. we are all about assisting the new guy on good eats.

First babyback slab ... did two today (in the snow) and the fatty above. It's my first time trying ... tasted great. Will do some things a little different next weekend.
f583b867_vbattach17014.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky