Another new guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Was surfing, looking for tips on smoking Italian sausage, found this site, looks fine to me.
I'm 59, retired early after 36 years of professional railroading (all my life). Grew up in the S.W. MO Ozarks, now just south of Kansas City (BBQ Central) near Peculiar, MO. I'm a barbeque/smoked meat fan from way back. Lived in Minnesota north of Minneapolis 11 years and those folks thought I was really wierd with my smoker going on the patio at 30 below and I had to shovel 31 inches of snow to get to it. Takes a while longer at 30 below. Only thing they smoke up there is fish. They are hard to keep lit.
Looking forward to learning all I can from this forum and hope I can help someone in return.
Oh yeah. Just the wife and I, so I use a Brinkman water type smoker that works great. It's really ugly, I've had it since the early 70's. Just keeps on smokin'! I really like apple and hickory, use chunk charcoal. Make my own rub and a bit of sauce.
I am going to become a barbeque judge. Want to judge at the American Royal and Memphis In May. Wife and I travel a bit, have a toy hauler and take the Harley. I also am an avid bass fisherman and fish several tournaments.

Mike, Howdy Neighbor!! I'm from Harrisonville (don't hold that against me!) I look forward to seeing you here at the forum.

Welcome Mike, You seem to have lived a great life so far. Now you are about to have to best of times. Share the knowledge you have, and feel free to ask questions to learn more.

Hey, Mike!
Welcome aboard! I am going to be Gary's echo and say that you really seem to have it together! We have a good thing going here, too! You will find ample opportunity to share with us as well as to learn from the great folks here. Good having you here!
Cheers!
Monty

Yah, but Cajun, that's only half the story. They're tough to keep lit 'cause they're so darned hard to draw on! :D
Cheers!
Monty

Welcome Mike

It must stink being so close to the BBQ capital :)

Again, welcome

Mike, Welcome to SMF. You have already noticed the quality folks that we have as members here at Smoking Meats. They all contribute to make this the great forum that it is. We look forward to you participating and contributing to SMF.

Yeh, another person for the MO contingent. There are quite a few of us on here from Missouri. Glad to have you one the board and looking forward to hearing about your smoking adventures.

Hello Mike, I also want to welcome you to the Missouri contingent!!!! We are growing strong!!! I am glad to see another member who smokes on an ECB. One question, Have you modified your ECb in any way?? Just wonering. Anyway welcome to the SMF!!!

Wecome Mike! I'm from wisconsin and seem to be the only one so far. Yes i'm a packer fan as well. Cheesehead thru & thru. Look forward to chat'n sometime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky