Another Michigander

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

josh

Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Ortonville, Michigan
I have been reading and learning from this forum for a few months now and realized that I never introduced myself. I have been smoking fish most of my life, but never tried anything else until I bought my GOSM and subscribed to Jeff's 5 day course earlier this year. Since then I have smoked a couple butts, lots of chicken, about a dozen slabs of ribs, and just this last weekend a couple dozen ABTs. I want to thank everyone here for sharing your knowlege and pictures. I will be sure to get pictures of my future smokes and my new vertical smoker that I made from a beer keg. Thak you again for being so friendly and helpful.
icon_smile.gif

Welcome aboard. What part of Michigan you from? Ever heard of Oscoda? I used to live there and still go up a few times a year for fishing and mushroom hunting.

We welcome folks from all states and countries! You are now part of the SMF, you're promised to have fun, laughs, learning experiences, and the joy of smokin'. The 5 day course is a real good starting point.

Twistertail, I have been to Oscoda salmon fishing a couple hundred times. I live about two an a half hours south of there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky