Another First

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrsb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Parkville,MO
Well I just got a fatty into the smoker. Went with a breakfast theme and just put in scrambled eggs and cheese. I decided I better go with simplicity on first try. Pics may be a bit blurry, time to read my owner's manual on the camera

HEY! MrsB! Nice to see ya 'round and posting some Q-View! What time is breakfast??
You had babies din't ya? I recognize the diaper wrap with the bacon LOL!

Ok, 1 hour and 45 minutes into it and I am at an internal temp of 131. Sound about right?

I think when this is done I will go get one of those grill woks to replace the charcoal pan.

Looks and sounds good like everybody else I'll be waiting on more Qview

Ok, what the heck? I just added more charcoal and as soon as I closed the door my meat proble alarm went off saying the internal temp was 255!!! Obviously impossible for the meat to be at that temp. Think it's just a bad probe?

Edit: just went out and pulled the probe out, reset it and stuck it back in!!
I have to run to pick up the kids, should only be about 20 minutes so I hope it will be fine untended.

Also, I want to smoke some chicken when this is done. Should I just be able to continue to add charcoal or should I start fresh?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky