Another First

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by mrsb, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Well I just got a fatty into the smoker. Went with a breakfast theme and just put in scrambled eggs and cheese. I decided I better go with simplicity on first try. Pics may be a bit blurry, time to read my owner's manual on the camera

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

HEY! MrsB! Nice to see ya 'round and posting some Q-View! What time is breakfast??
    You had babies din't ya? I recognize the diaper wrap with the bacon LOL!

3. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks good Mrsb. Let us know how she turns out

4. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It does look good MrsB! Can't wait to see the finished smoke. :)

5. jbchoice1

jbchoice1 Smoking Fanatic

looks good mrsb. great looking first try

6. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Ok, 1 hour and 45 minutes into it and I am at an internal temp of 131. Sound about right?

I think when this is done I will go get one of those grill woks to replace the charcoal pan.

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks and sounds good like everybody else I'll be waiting on more Qview

8. richtee

Yep...165°-170° it's done. Chill fast if it's for tomarrow...Helps keep it nice and tight!

9. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Ok, what the heck? I just added more charcoal and as soon as I closed the door my meat proble alarm went off saying the internal temp was 255!!! Obviously impossible for the meat to be at that temp. Think it's just a bad probe?

Edit: just went out and pulled the probe out, reset it and stuck it back in!!
    I have to run to pick up the kids, should only be about 20 minutes so I hope it will be fine untended.

Also, I want to smoke some chicken when this is done. Should I just be able to continue to add charcoal or should I start fresh?

10. richtee

Never waste a bed of coals! Might need to ash it out a bit tho... Lucky kids'll be chowin good food tonight!

11. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Well here it is. Wow, that's tasty!

12. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

WTG on the first fatty. That looks great.