Another Brine question......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hocus smokus

Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Merritt Island, FL
Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I haven't seen an answer on the boards.
When you prepare the brine, do you mix up the ingredients in a blender? Or just toss them in a container with the bird and let it soak?
Thanks guys
icon_cool.gif

I do not but some may. Kind of depends on what your using I guess. Rosemary, Bay leaf and those types of ingrediants do not need to be blended, just toss them in.

Boil water and whatever spices you are using, then you can add ice to quick cool but make sure it is fully cooled before adding to the bird.
The heating will activate a lot of the flavors in your herbs and spices and will allow those flavors to come out into the brine solution.

Like they both said heat up the brine if not stir it up reallt hard and fast and then you should be fine you just need to mix up all the spices and mix them really well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky