android market app?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

therealfrosty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
North Idaho
I'm new to the site, but I love the forum and read it every moment of free time I get. Being the tech fan sort I am starting to dabble in android apps, and was wondering if there would be enough of a following with smart-phone users to warrant me building a app to see the forums on the go. With permission I would love to do this for the forum as a thanks to the wealth of information and knowledge that is available on here.

-Frosty-

Sounds like a good idea to me, I do look up the forum on my phone a coupe times a week. May view more if it were an Android app. But I must warn you, in the 3-4 years I've had a "smart" phone, I have only paid for one app and that was a navigation program only to use as a backup on the boat if my chartplotter takes a dump. In other words, I'm so cheap old ladies beat me with there walkers & canes when we're both after the same penny on the ground
wife.gif

Jetman<<<

Last edited:
Reactions: therealfrosty
I wouldn't charge for making it or make it a paid app, I'm a penny pincher just as much as the next guy i even make my own laundry detergent. And I know there are forum apps out there but I think it would be neat for this page to have a stand alone app, It has enough of a following in my opinion. I want to make it because I don't have extra cash to contribute to the cause but I have the ability to do something that would help.

-Frosty-

jk.gif

Reactions: diamondmarco
I think it would be a good idea as a standalone.  I would concur with Jeff on the subject and see what his thoughts are. 

Jim

I use the mobile version of SMF on my smartphone. Since SMF went mobile, I've stopped using tapatalk for accessing SMF on the go.

I have no PC at home or work. . My life evolves around my Galaxy Note 2.. and the SMF MOBILE is quite nice. At first there where problems.. but like always, since I have been on this site, they get resovled pretty quickly.

Android user here. Mobile site is pretty good...would try out an app so long as it isn't too invasive.
This post from my phone.

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky