Andoulli update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo

After smoke

Ice bath

Tasting. Pics failed did in WSM. Half a chimney and this machine went to 200* . Wanted 130 as of Craigs recipe. Too  much babysitting. Don't think "half to do this way"  cranked up temp to 180, with more charcoal. Temps were back and forth. Gotta get an electric smoker. Wife didnt like that idea. Things just keep growing. They are supposed to are'nt they, when you grow wiser. Are'nt Right
icon_surprised.gif

After smoke

Ice bath

Tasting. Pics failed did in WSM. Half a chimney and this machine went to 200* . Wanted 130 as of Craigs recipe. Too  much babysitting. Don't think "half to do this way"  cranked up temp to 180, with more charcoal. Temps were back and forth. Gotta get an electric smoker. Wife didnt like that idea. Things just keep growing. They are supposed to are'nt they, when you grow wiser. Are'nt Right
icon_surprised.gif
If the wife likes sausage, then I'm sure you will get one.

I have an MES that I use just for bacon & sausage.

Al

Yep I have two electrics,, you can find good deals on them,,, 

A full smoker is a happy smoker - stay happy 

DS

Al

Al

Yep I have two electrics,, you can find good deals on them,,, 

A full smoker is a happy smoker - stay happy 

DS

Yep. Got that look.No and maybe. Thanks
police2.gif

Its me or the electric smoker!!!!! here.. let me get the door for ya honey....lol

Sausage looks good.................
icon14.gif

Looks like you had a good amount of de-fatting.  I got fed up with using my smaller smokers that were difficult to maintain temps and built myself a sausage, hotstick and jerky smoker out of a computer server cabinet and use a pipe burner with a needle valve regulator.  I use an amazen tube in it as well, so I don't have to worry about adding wood all the time.  I can maintain really consistent low temps with good air flow in this unit.  I typically run mine at 150 to 155 for a few hours and then bump it up to 175 to 180 to finish, taking the sausage up to 150 IT.

Here is a pic of my smoker with Andouille in it and a closeup of the finished product.

That sausage looks great to me.    I bet it makes some fine seasoning sausage for a big pot of pinto beans!

Looks like you had a good amount of de-fatting.  I got fed up with using my smaller smokers that were difficult to maintain temps and built myself a sausage, hotstick and jerky smoker out of a computer server cabinet and use a pipe burner with a needle valve regulator.  I use an amazen tube in it as well, so I don't have to worry about adding wood all the time.  I can maintain really consistent low temps with good air flow in this unit.  I typically run mine at 150 to 155 for a few hours and then bump it up to 175 to 180 to finish, taking the sausage up to 150 IT.

Here is a pic of my smoker with Andouille in it and a closeup of the finished product.

Looks good. Got an old wine cooler, bout 29" high. want to make a hot smoker out of. Too many taters in the wagon now. Just might buy one. Why is she lookin at me that way?
police2.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky