• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Andouilli

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Looks like very good quality sausage.... I like the color as well...

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Now THAT'S some pretty Andouille!
How hard was it getting the chunks through the horn?

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice job zippy looks real good. Make some chorizo next and I'll stop by.

Warren

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Zippy I really enjoyed scrolling through your pics on that. Really nicely laid out. I’ll bet it’s delicious! What temp did you smoke it at?

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Scrolled through the pics.....I sat up when I saw the spice pic....Authentic my friend!

When I got to the grinder pic...."oh no, grind too small" I thought, but then I saw the pic. of the big chunks of meat mixed in the grind and I got a big smile..."YES!" Very nice! I use two grinds as well, usually grind the fat through either 3/8" or 1/4" plate with just a touch of the meat.

THEN I SAW THE PECAN!!! OH YEAH!!! Color is beautiful! Well done! Great execution! Your honorary Coonass badge is inda mail.....big like!

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
So my otbs is gonna ask this question... you had bags of pellets by tires, did you run them over to make dust? And yes I know better... but how is a bunch of pictures helping to teach anyone new here? Answer is... it's not!

Ryan
Those are bags of pecan chunks....fist sized pieces of pecan.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Andouille is one of my favorite sausages. Sometimes I make it fresh & just put it on the grill like a brat, and sometimes I put cure in it & smoke it. Then sometimes I just grind it & put it in 1 lb. bags & use it in all kinds of dishes that call for ground chuck. And BTW yours looks delicious.
Al

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks zippy for the like I appreciate it.

Some fine looking chow you post.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Yup zippy the driving is keeping busy some weeks more than I want. Doing as well as old people can.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.