Andouille stuffed pork tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

westby

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Winona, MN
I picked up two pork tenderloins last week and decided to get creative. I stuffed them with my homemade andouille sausage (NOLA recipe) and wrapped them with bacon. I had a bit of a difficult time boring a big enough hole through the tenderloin, but was able to make it work. It turned out fantastic. Next time I will use my homemade bacon as well (I didn't want to waste it if it was a failure). Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I picked up two pork tenderloins last week and decided to get creative. I stuffed them with my homemade andouille sausage (NOLA recipe) and wrapped them with bacon. I had a bit of a difficult time boring a big enough hole through the tenderloin, but was able to make it work. It turned out fantastic. Next time I will use my homemade bacon as well (I didn't want to waste it if it was a failure). Thanks for looking.

Wow! Those looks absolutely delicious. If you have trouble making that hole you can always butterfly the tenderloin, pound it flat, stuff it and roll and tie it.

Thanks - they were quite good.  I do exactly as you explained with pork loin when I stuff it, but for this one, I really wanted to keep it intact (mainly for the cool factor).  This is a loin I stuffed with stuffing and sautéed sausage, mushrooms and onions.

I think I have a tenderloin in the freezer and I just made some Kielbasa.

Richie

points.gif

That is sweet looking, and that's the largest tenderloin I ever saw!

Very inventive !!

They really weren't that big. They look bigger with a couple pieces of sausage crammed in them. It would have been much easier with a loin, but they were sold out.

They really weren't that big. They look bigger with a couple pieces of sausage crammed in them. It would have been much easier with a loin, but they were sold out.
Yeah but if not brined, a loin would be too too dry.

And the presentation is really unique. How cool would that look with an andouille stuffed in a Canadian or Back Bacon, egg, on an english muffin with a bit of holidaise, Heck I bet it would be good with cream gravy! That's the kind of stuff that would impress anyone! Dang, I'd buy one just for the visual, and be glad I did when I tasted it. Them little bity egg McMuffins are small, maybe have to get two......ROFLMAO. Maybe better if I don't try any....LOL

Reactions: westby
Thanks - they were quite good.  I do exactly as you explained with pork loin when I stuff it, but for this one, I really wanted to keep it intact (mainly for the cool factor).  This is a loin I stuffed with stuffing and sautéed sausage, mushrooms and onions.

There definitely is a cool factor! I love the way the whole sausage looks in there (that's what she said) haha. I also love how you wrapped it in bacon. The pork trifecta!!

Last edited:
Wow I've never seen a stuffed tenderloin!  Looks delicious!  I haven't seen a tenderloin big enough around here to do that.  How did you stuff it like that?

Started by running a metal scewer through the length of it, then ran the handle of a long wooden spoon through the hole the skewer created. Then stuck my fingers through the hole and worked it until it was bored out enough to fit the sausage. I suppose carefully poking a filet knife through it would have worked also.

VERY cool, westby! I still have one good sized link from my Anduille batch which I'm now saving to try this. I'll probably go with a small loin, though. Did you grill it or smoke it?

:points:

Nice, makes my mouth water, I know that had to be good  
points1.png

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky