Andouille Recipes Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coleysmokinbbq

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2007
Northeast GA
Hi all!

Does anyone have recipes/instructions for andouille sausage?

I think I'm gonna try my hand at making some as soon as I get
all my ducks in a row...so...I'm in need of several recipes to look
over to see what supplies I need.

Thanks in advance for your help!...
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Until Later...

Thanks Guys!

I'll be takin' a gander at those pages shortly and see what they have.

Wanted to get some info together so I could plan everything out ahead of time...and...also be able to procure the necessary supplies.

If you should happen upon the book and don't mind sharing the recipe...I'd love to have it, but please don't go out of your way looking for it though.

Appreciate the help very much ya'll!!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...Wish me luck!!...

Until later...

Thanks Debi!
icon_biggrin.gif
D'loaded all that good stuff like a week ago and have been eyeballin' it all along.

Didn't get to look at the RC-Sausage.pdf until yesterday...then found out it had gotten corrupted in the d'loading process...
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Had to redo it 3 times this morning before it d'loaded right! Lousy ISP down here!...
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

Anyway...finally got to look through it a few minutes ago, and like WOW!...Now I don't know WHERE to start!!!...

Oh well...In answer to your ?, I thought I'd start with some andouille and just wanted to have several formulas to choose from...gotta round up supplies before I get started. We've been wanting some of it for a while and thought it'd be a good place to start.

Question...Are casings written in stone for a given style and size sausage, or are they interchangeable as to type...i.e., natural v.s. collagen?

Probably have more ?'s before it's over and done.

Thanks again!

Until later...

P.S. Oh!!...Did you find the reply I left yesterday about Zatarain's??

Coley --

I use colegen casings for almost everything anymore. I buy them from 21 mm up to 6" in diameter for lunchmeat and they keep well and take on a good smoke. I don't see that it makes much difference unless youe make Hagis or something like that.

Some sausage perfectionist will say only use this or that but it's the meat that counts not the skins. Colegen turns reddish-brown when you smoke it so don't get worried and it doesn't shrink as much as pig skins. Just poke little holes in it just prior to smoking and the fat will drain out. Also if you get an air bubble (it hapens) just poke a hole in it - you don't want air in there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky