andouille and 80 pounds of fresh sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Michigan
We had our sausage stuffing party today.  Ended up doing 15 pounds of andouille that I started last night and smoked today and then had 3 buddies over to make 80 pounds of italian, chorizo, and jalapeno and cheese fresh sausage.

The andouille was the nola recipe and then smoked with pecan.  It's absolutely fabulous and I'm wishing I did more than 15 pounds.

Cubed and ready for spices

hanging for the night

out of the smoker

money shot

Getting the fresh sausage started

last of the jalapeno and cheese mix

final stacks

another view of 80 pounds of sausage

Overall, it was a pretty good day and the sausage is awesome.  The Italian and the Chorizo are straight from Rytek's book, the Jalapeno is mainly taken from http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/jalapeno-sausage but with the cheese added in.  Half the batch was standard cheddar and the other half was high temp buffalo cheese.  WOW, is about all I can say.

thanks for looking

icon14.gif
  keep goin dont stop!!  looks great

Do you need help storing that sausage. The conditions here in the Rockies are ideal storage conditions. Just saying.

Disco

Looks good we are going to butcher pigs in Feb there our about 8 to 10 of my buddies we get together and butcher 10 to 15 pigs start to finish in one day it is a lot of work but a lot of fun there may be some beer drank lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky