AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckinducks

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 4, 2014
Canada
Couple questions about the amnps , made a post in the welcome section and this was recommended.
Can you use wood chips in this ?
Anywhere that ships to canada ?
Do you like the amnps in your smoker ?

I have used chips in my AMNPS, doesnt smoke as long, about 6 hours on a full load vs 10 hours with pellets. But works fine in a pinch, but after using pellets in it, I dont plan on using chips anymore.
The chips have to be relativly small and packed in good all the way to the top of the tray.
I love using my AMNPS in my masterbuilt electric. Not sure about shipping to Canada, cant imagine therd be an issue.

I have used chips in my AMNPS, doesnt smoke as long, about 6 hours on a full load vs 10 hours with pellets. But works fine in a pinch, but after using pellets in it, I dont plan on using chips anymore.
The chips have to be relativly small and packed in good all the way to the top of the tray.
I love using my AMNPS in my masterbuilt electric. Not sure about shipping to Canada, cant imagine therd be an issue.
sounds good , I just bought 4 bags of chips to use with the mes smoker pan and took about a bag to realize it doesn't work so good , so didn't wanna waste the chips

I see they can be bought through Amazon, and a couple folks selling through ebay, you may get a better deal on shipping through one of those.

Couple questions about the amnps , made a post in the welcome section and this was recommended.
Can you use wood chips in this ?
Anywhere that ships to canada ?
Do you like the amnps in your smoker ?
Hello Buckinducks, 

I live in BC and was in the same situation as yourself... I found shipping charges quite expensive shipping to Canada. I was fortunate enough to have family that goes down to Arizona, and  had it shipped to their address down south. I just had to be patient until they returned. I have also found that you can buy 20 LB bags of pellets off of Amazon.ca (free shipping)   and have seen them at Home Hardware. 

I have used this brand of  pellets with no problems... . 

Hope this helps!!

Where are you located? Ontario gas BBQ (larges BBQ store in the world) in Vaughan (just north of Toronto) sells BBQ delight pellets. They ship too...not sure about the cost.
They also have the 20lbs bags. But as far as I know the large bags are not 100% wood flavour wood. Some are mixed some were infused with flavored oil.

Purchased one from the Ontario store should be here in a few days . I have the MES smoker without the vent just the hole in the back, will there be enough air flow to keep the pellets smouldering ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky