AMNPS Positioning Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaez

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Reno, Nevada
I just ordered an AMNPS for my off-set and was wondering if I place the unit between the air intake and the fire basket will the smoke make it to the meat or will it get consumed by the charcoal in the fire basket?  

Lately I have not been using the off-set box and just making a small fire in the main barrel right next to the off-set.  So technically, I could place the pellet smoker in the box all by itself and let it churn out the smoke.  The only problem is that the smoke would have to pass through the lit charcoal to get to the meat.

Sweet thanks... that's what I wanted to hear.

Do you have any other air inlet to the drum other than through the AMNPS box?

Sweet thanks... that's what I wanted to hear.

Do you have any other air inlet to the drum other than through the AMNPS box?
Yes I have 3 3/4" holes. 1 with a ball valve and the other 2 with caps. When I get it going I put the 2 caps back on. The AMNPS box has a 1/2" ball valve. If I had it all to do all over i would have gone 1" on all 3 plus the AMNPS box. That would make it faster to get up to a higher temp.

Happy smoken.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky