American Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021

Came up in chat, figured I'd post this here as there's not too many videos (to my knowledge) of making it at home. I have yet to try making it. Thinking white American though.. Maybe brick, monteray jack, white cheddar, a little liquid smoke..

Last edited:
Did you ever make this?
Not yet! I lucked out, and was getting surplus "farmers to families" boxes, which included at least one pound of deluxe American slices each week. It has however ended, and I only have a few pounds left, so maybe next month.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Hey - thanks for the video - seriously I had no idea a person could actually make American cheese. Please forgive me for my ignorance, but is this REALLY how American cheese is made? I have read on other smoking forums that some folks really enjoy smoking American cheese, and so I wanted to try it for myself, but sadly, I can't find American cheese anywhere here in Canada. Supposedly, the closest thing to it is Velveeta, so I was going to try smoking that, but if this is really how American cheese is made, then I will try making it myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky