Amazing Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gramason

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 29, 2007
HdG Maryland
Smoked my first bacon yesterday using Buckboard bacon cure, and it turned out great. Everyone was impressed with the flavor and its almost gone. I used a 5lb pork butt, and plan on making a bigger batch next time. I'm gald that I found this site, good recipes, advice, and my food seems to turn out better everytime.
smile.gif

I haven't done bacon or a fatty yet. I would imagine that bacon slow smoked blows the doors off of anything store bought.

Sounds good... How about some pics of the smoke??
when you do the next one post a few pics so we can enjoy it with you.

Congrats Gramason! Now that you know the secret you'll be making lot of the stuff! It's just as easy to make serveral at once. I put em in vacuum sealer bags and it seems to really get into the meat.

I have 20 pounds of pork belly in brine as we speak. Gotta do a few more buckboards soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky