• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amazing 9lb Whole Beef Arm Roast

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
I took in all of your suggestions, Thanks.

After reading that a lot of forum users have not done this type of roast, I was really concerned to make the roast not tough.

So I decided to rub with my pulled pork rub and put in the smoker at 225* and then went to a party and drank a lot of beer for 5 hours and came back home and probed the roast and it was at 155* IT. I then took it off the smoker and let rest for 1 hour and sliced up for sammies the next day. The roast was very tender in spots and then a little chewy in other spots, overall I was Amazed at how well this turned out. I used RO Lump and Hickory.

RP
0616e951_000_0154.jpg
2379cbeb_000_0155.jpg
9f6d6cb2_000_0156.jpg

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
It looks like you'll be having some awesome sammies.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
icon_cool.gif

It looks like you and your sister are going to have some mighty tastey sammies in your furtures. Now it looks alittle on the overdone side for me I like the meat around 135° or so. But that's me and I'm not eating any good roast beef sammies now either.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.