amazin pellet smoker vs tube smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I decided I am going to purchase a pellet smoker. I want to use it to hot smoke in my mes instead of using wood chips in the chip tray.  Which one would suit me better?  Are there any differance in the smoke output.

Thanks

I decided I am going to purchase a pellet smoker. I want to use it to hot smoke in my mes instead of using wood chips in the chip tray.  Which one would suit me better?  Are there any differance in the smoke output.

Thanks
I aint noticed a difference in smoke output.

Reactions: broilerking
Wow you have all of them.  You  like any one better than the others?

I use a propane smoker and got the tube style.  Ask Todd which one would work best for your needs.

Kat

I am assuming that they will put off enough smoke that I wouldnt need chips in the chip pan.

And hopefully get thin blue smoke.  lol

Pretty much everyone on SMF that has an MES uses the AMNPS b/c it makes good TBS!  (initialism overload!)
words.gif

And once you get the hang of it, you can really control the amount of smoke it churns out. (light one end; light both ends; light both ends and the center; and play with the levels of how much pellets you pour into the AMNPS channels/troughs)

I have a gasser so I still like using chunks of wood when hot smoking, but I use my AMNPS for cold smokes like cheese, salt, and coming soon....bacon!

I thought about one of the tubes, but in the end purchased the pellet tray.  I have the option of using either pellets or sawdust in that model and it runs a very long time.

AMZNS works in all smokers. I dont use a MESPOS. I use Bradleys and the AMZNS works great in them.

I talked to Todd and I decided to go with the standard pellet smoker.

I have the Smoke Hollow and got the longers tube smoker from Todd. I love everything about it but the lack of smoke ring. The flavor is there just no ring.

I did fill the water pan with play sand.

Iam not worried about a smoke ring.

Pellet smoker on the way. cant wait to get it.

AMZNS works in all smokers. I dont use a MESPOS. I use Bradleys and the AMZNS works great in them.
This really, really hurts....
th_crybaby2.gif

.... because I really, really like my MES........ so take that  
Gunner.gif
          BRADLEY SMOKER             

biggrin.gif

Reactions: ptpalms
HA HA HA. I really like mine too, but I have a old brinkman charcoal smoker I want to try.

I had a Bradley, IT WAS A POS!  Wood pucks were horribly expensive, always jammed no matter how well I kept it cleaned out, heating element kept burning out, rack were flimsy, digital controls never worked correctly...  $450 mistake.  It went into the junk pile.

I have a MBES40, it was a lot better, but now it is just a holding cabinet or a cold/low temp smoker using an Amazin' Tube. 

I'd toss them all and just get a real pellet smoker. 

I have a Bradley and have never had a problem with the pucks jamming.  I have had zero problems with the Bradley with the exception of a broken part upon opening which Bradley made right immediately.  I can not imagine a better electric smoker.  I have purchased an AMZPS because of the expense of the pucks but overall the Bradley is excellent.

Last edited:
biggrin.gif
 Yeah, but, umm........ahh..... mine is shinier and more true... lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky