Am I the only one...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I once had a buddy who worked for a plumbing supply company. They shifted all their manufacturing from the US to China due to lower labor and supply costs. He was in charge of the plant in China. After three years of dealing with the corruption of plant and local government officials, plus poor quality control, they abandoned the effort.

Guess who basically got free infrastructure and product designs to sell to the world. And THAT is what companies blind themselves to in the name of short term profits when they shift work anywhere overseas.

I used to live down the hill from a manufacturer in western Mass. and bought one of these for my Christmas present about 15 years ago;

It is still my favorite knife.

I use WickedEdge to sharpen

Attachments

• image_d449865f-021d-42b5-80c9-459baad51825_800x800.jpg
    image_d449865f-021d-42b5-80c9-459baad51825_800x800.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: SmokyMose
You can go to Sam’s Club, and in the restaurant section, they have a selection of knives that are all German steel. And they are inexpensive. If you want expensive German steel then Wustoff is the way to go. Or you can buy many custom made knives costing hundreds of dollars. We have a huge collection of knives that cost anywhere from $10- $300.
Personally I like the knives from Sam’s the best, they just feel good in my hand.
Al

the Smithfield brand is owned by the Chinese.
I didn't need to know that! At least it's American Made. Many would be surprised how much here is owned by Chinese companies.
I used to stay at a large hotel in downtown Toledo across from the convention center once a year in January for an auto show.
One year I went to the bar after work and the bar menu had changed. No more fish and chips, no ruebens, no cheeseburgers,
no quesadillas. Mostly Asian. I asked what was up and it turned out that a Chinese company had bought it.....
The bartender would have them make cheeseburger if you asked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky