• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Altitude & SD Starters

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Up at Ft Knox visiting our daughter. Brought my starters and bread making stuff. Took a couple days for my starters to get going. Altitude perhaps?

When we got here. Tues
IMG_5659.JPG

After a couple feeding and this morning.
IMG_5665.JPG

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Looks like going good now. Family will happy to eat fresh bread. Still thinking of moving? Be nice to get out of that heat and be around family.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Hope you have a nice visit and enjoy it at your new home :emoji_wink:

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Up at Ft Knox visiting our daughter.
Man ,, I was starting to worry . Figured maybe the resort found out you were moving and had you tied up by the bread oven .

I don't know starters , but humidity plays into my normal bread making for sure .

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Yeah we are going to take her up on her offer to move in. We got the whole basement and full use of 1.66 acre to do what we want. Called a licensed DOT RV hauler in Naples, $2500 from Naples to here. OUCH.

All daughters furniture was moved by the Army and is still in holding in Louisville until the 10th.

Wont be here perm until mid Sept.

Here is the kitchen, much bigger than the 5th wheel.....lol
IMG_5666.JPG

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Congratulations ! ! !

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Yeah we are going to take her up on her offer to move in. We got the whole basement and full use of 1.66 acre to do what we want. Called a licensed DOT RV hauler in Naples, $2500 from Naples to here. OUCH.

All daughters furniture was moved by the Army and is still in holding in Louisville until the 10th.

Wont be here perm until mid Sept.

Here is the kitchen, much bigger than the 5th wheel.....lol
View attachment 506051
What I wouldn't give for a kitchen like that. Mine is 8' x 8'.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Nice looks like a good new place to be!

RE: SD started and altitude. I'm at 5000 ft and about all that affects my starters liveliness is the temperature. In the winter the house is never over 68 and its SLOW. Summer its 72-76 and its much much more lively.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.