All Nite Brisket on the New Drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertlites

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 6, 2007
Heres the Drum and large basket(have a smaller 1 also) 2 - 25" dia. grates (they were fun to make)not! 3 sets of 1/4x1" ss bolts for grate supports at 21-26 and 34"'s off basket bottom which is raised on 3.5" legs.2-3/4" intakes at bottom,1 ball valve and 1 plugged when not needed-thermo between center and upper grate(prolly install another) 4" exhuast in the center.This drum was a pressure tank from a water well measured 26" ODX42" tall,I cut the lid off than welded a 1 1/4" lip to outside of lid to fit back over body(have a couple leaks but will remedy) test drove it a couple times before last nites smoke(very happy with it)Last nites brisket was 16#s-loaded basket with 18#s my home grown lump(minion) brisket on at 6pm at 225*,held that temp all nite(cept for when I opened to flip)recovered quick though.More pic's to come. thanks for checking it out. It was fun to build and I think I have about $75 in it thus far.

Brisket and drum are real nice!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Used a wet rub-this is it 6 hr.s in (midnite) when I panned it-than at 8am when I took it off at 200* to foil and cooler-burnt ends on now-and making a batch of Dutches ranch beans to throw on the rest of the coals.has been 18 hrs. since I started and have added only a few since.verry happy with it. midnite 8 am.

Very nice build Bob. Nice food also.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now ain't that worth spending half the night in chat tring to stay awake. Well to me it looks pretty darn good. Now I just want to see the burnt ends I know that joels ends look great and really tastey to.

Man i am jealous of that reactor you call a drum Bob.. Nice lookin job on the meat to boot... I need your recipe for home made lump...

Nice lookin rig, and that brisky is lookin perdy too!

you aint kidding when you say you live in the desert are ya?
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

dang, musta been too busy ice fishing and i missed this thread. first off great job on the new smoker bob!!! and then smoked over homemade lump in a homemade smoker a beautiful brisky!!! good to see ya posting again buddy!!!
points.gif
all the way!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky